Please note that you now may enter electronically, or as in previous years by dropping off or mailing physical entries.
The deadline for entering is February 14, 2011.
Here are the options for entry and payment.
A. Entry Methods (In all cases, the online entry form must be filled out and submitted per instructions.)
- Electronic: Send e-mail with entry form, along with print, audio or video file, attached. Acceptable formats: Print: .pdf, .doc, .jpg (if .jpg entry is of article, please make sure text is large enough/clear enough to read). Audio: .mp3, .wav. Video: .avi, .mpg/.mpeg, .wmv, .mov. Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. You should receive an e-mail acknowledging your entry’s receipt within two business days. If you do not receive the e-mail, please call Kristi Nelson at 865-342-6434 to verify that your entry was received. If entering Internet categories, please make sure the URL is on your entry form and send supporting materials as attachments.
- Drop-off: Entries can be left at the front desk at the Knoxville News Sentinel, 2332 News Sentinel Drive near Western Avenue/Middlebrook Pike in Knoxville, between 8 a.m.-5 p.m. weekdays. Please mark envelope to the attention of Kristi Nelson, Editorial. Deadline for receipt is Feb. 4, 2011. Please enclose a copy of the entry form and your check, if applicable. Do not mail entries to this address.
- Mail: Send entries to Kristi Nelson, 2406 Belt Road, Knoxville, TN 37920. Please enclose a copy of the entry form and your check, if applicable. The postmark or shipping date must be on or before Feb. 4, 2011.
B. Payment Methods
- By Check: Make the check out to “ETSPJ” and mail to: GPC/Kristi L. Nelson, 2406 Belt Rd., Knoxville TN 37920.
- By Credit Card: Click PAYPAL. You may use Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover.
Your entry form must be filled out online and submitted by Feb. 4, 2011. If you are paying by credit card, please click PAYPALHERE and mark the PayPal option on the form.
The first entry by members of SPJ (on record as of 2/01/11) will be FREE. Additional entries by members will be $20 each. The fee for non-members continues to be $20 for each entry. If you’re not currently a member, you may join SPJ HERE. (Please enter East Tenn Pro as your chapter.) SPJ members will receive the free entry for their personal work only.
Contact Kristi L. Nelson, (865) 342-6434